- Halcyon Hospice - Batesville
- $57,700.00 -78,360.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
210 Jones St
Assumes full nursing responsibility for the delivery of the Plan of Care for each hospice patient. Continuously evaluates personal
and professional performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity and quality of care delivered. Adheres to
and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of hospice in an attempt to assure quality patient care. Strives for
independence and sound critical decision-making regarding the delivery of patient care in a cost-effective manner without
compromising quality. Develops the patients Plan of care in collaboration with other professionals and implements treatment
strategies based on scientific nursing theory that promotes physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Maintains
patient confidentiality at all times. Familiar with the concepts and needs of patients / families who are facing death and dying
issues. Effective communication skills, both verbally and written. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers
patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered
with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. Additional Details
Qualifications Experience Requirements
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of referral.
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state regulations.
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with Administrator.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis indentifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the Care Management process.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- One year of clinical experience
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice
- Current CPR Certification
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that it s all about helping people, and we live by those words today. It s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It s our purpose.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, coronary, intensive, mhb, neonatal, nurse, psychatric, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...