The Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MLDP) is our flagship global manufacturing graduate program. Our simple objective is to identify, hire, and develop our future Manufacturing Leaders. If you have the profile of being a Manufacturing Leader we are eager to engage with you, accelerate your development, and bring greater value to our patients worldwide.
Over a 3 year rotation program we would significantly invest in your development giving you exposure and experience across our business, preparing you for a role in leadership. You would receive coaching from senior leaders, exposure to real life manufacturing challenges and training from industry leading scientists and engineers. In a short space of time you will be contributing to significant projects and be making key decisions that directly impact how we make pharmaceuticals and deliver them to our patients globally.
We hire a small number of members each year for this program, and we work hard to ensure that we truly select candidates with the greatest potential to lead. To help assess if you fit the profile here are some questions to ask yourself:
* Does the thought of feeling overwhelmed or feeling like you're \"?in over your head' excite you? * Are you the type of person to change carefully planned actions quickly as needed for results? * Is failure a part of your learning process? * Does the challenge of changing positions, or even living arrangements, just when you are getting comfortable excite you? * Are you willing to go above and beyond your normal job duties for the team to get the job done?
If the answer is \"YES\" to all these questions, then keep on reading!
The Manufacturing Leadership Development Program has two primary goals:
* Provide candidates who have Bachelor's or Master's degree level in the required fields listed below with a broad perspective of the core manufacturing functions of our company's pharmaceutical, biological, animal health and vaccine products. * Develop a bench of talent who can prepare for future leadership positions of increasing responsibility within the organization through focused rotational experiences within the key areas of our Manufacturing Division.
The program enables successful candidates to experience (3) rotations over a three-year period with each rotation lasting (1) year. Employees are assigned to rotations based on business needs and aligned to develop critical experiences. In addition to their assignments, employees receive mentoring from peers and senior leaders during their assignment. Rotation members should expect to work at different domestic or international sites during their tenure in the program and should have flexibility to move where assigned to meet business needs. Within the rotation, some domestic and international travel may be required. International rotation assignments or travel are not guaranteed. It is expected that a candidate moves between sites during the program, as that allows the employee to gain the broadest perspective of the division and to maximize learning and exposure.
The program is designed to strengthen the candidates' skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership. The program also includes a formal learning curriculum, designed to enhance a wide variety of competencies including but not limited to:
* Business outcomes across the end to end supply chain * Continuous improvement/Scientific problem solving * Managing and Optimizing internal and external partnerships * Lean Manufacturing * Quality/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) * Business and Financial Acumen
The successful candidate is:
* Interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the manufacturing division. * Able to work independently, in teams, and lead teams. * Able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations. * Motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing. * Committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to our company. * Comfortable influencing others.
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A PRE-INTERVIEW ONLINE ASSESSMENT, WHICH WILL TAKE 90 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THIS ASSESSMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS OF RECEIPT.
* Candidate must have graduated from a college by the program start date - August 1, 2020 * Candidate must be eligible to work in US without sponsorship * Candidate must be willing to be assigned to different jobs and different sites over the first three years of employment. * Ability to travel and willingness to be assigned to any company site in the US or other company sites including countries ex-US based on business needs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* Candidate has demonstrated leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience. * Candidate should possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a team-player with the ability to work independently.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ?
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as \"Merck\" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as \"MSD\" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ?
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at ...@merck.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.